Wat is er Nieuw?
Opel Omega Portal

Welkom op het Opel Omega Portal. We leren graag onze bezoekers kennen, heb je nog geen account maak deze dan aan en stel je even voor.

Dual mass flywheel

Hi Zoli,

welcome @ OOP.
Normally we ask (new) members to introduce themselves in this thread, but you are excused since you do not speak Dutch (I assume... otherwise you would have written your questions in Dutch ;)).

Anyway: you question about this 'infamous flywheel' is new to me.
Normally they should outlive the car.
This is also the first time I hear/read someone questioning about this.
I also informed with another OOP-member, who worked at an Opel-dealer untill a few months ago. Also he never heard about this 'problem'.
If you are in doubt about this flywheel, please drive (during a testdrive) to an Opel-dealer and let them have a look... I bet my shoes on it, they don't find anything wrong with the flywheel (you can have my shoes for free btw... they are rather old and need replacement anyway _O- ).

I do ask myself if you mean something different, like the clutch for instance.
But before wandering off, in the wrong direction, I want to know if you indeed mean the flywheel.

:w Ruud

Where are you located, Zoli ?
Because this 2.2 Omega is not the last one available...
Several OOP-members (among myself) bought an Omega abroad (Germany/Switserland).
Omega's (especially the 2.2) are rather well available.

But like I stated before: I did not hear anyone, in all the years that I drive Omega (and know (a lot) of other Omega owners) I never heard anyone complain about the DMF.

One advice: ask (with any car) for the maintanence history. If it is unavailable, unretreavable or missing... think again :Y
And spend a few euro's on an Opel dealer who can check an Omega you are interested in. It can save you money :)

Good luck.
:w Ruud

Illuminat0r

KnuffelBelg
I believe our member 'design edition' also has or had problems with his bi-mass flywheel.

As far as I recall he told me the 2.0 and 2.2 diesels suffered from it a lot, with according parts pricing you mentioned.

Bovenaan